Monday, November 30, 2009

NaBloPoMo FAIL and a Thanksgiving Recap

Well, this year I didn't complete NaBloPoMo. Again. For the second year. Novemeber always seems to be a month that whizzes by me before I even realize it. And then it's December 1st and I'm jazzed about the holidays. So anyways, hopefully next year I'll be able to keep up with posting everyday.

To recap, my Thanksgiving was pretty great. Unlike many people with diabetes, I didn't have the Diabetes Police asking about everything I ate (even when I ate two Georgetown Cupcakes for dessert). The fam is uber supportive and trust me to make good decisions for myself and I don't think they've ever said "can you eat that?" And no, my blood sugar was not in optimal range for most of the day, but I did what I could and gave my pump a workout and I tried to do better on Friday. That's all ya can do sometimes.

I also got to spend some time with my family, which is the best. Getting coffee with my sister, talking to my mom while she makes tea, and discussing business with my dad was awesome. And I can't forgot my husband and his execeptional babysitting skills when it came to looking after Tucker and Bella (the pups) and Kate and Luke (my cousins). Even after a disasterous trip to the park, in which 3 out of 4 of the animals came back drenched (Tucker, Bella, and Luke-who had slid down a slide and gotten his pants completely soaked), Ross remained patient and calm.

Now, we begin getting ready for December and the holiday season. Our tree is up and we're making plans for Christmas and New Year's. It's sure to be a busy few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Hi ya and glad to see you back and glad you had a good holiday .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Currently, comments are being moderated and will be approved in a timely fashion.