Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thanksgiving MeMe

1. What are the traditional favorites? Turkey, cranberry salad, and mashed potatoes

2. What new recipes will you try this year? I'm making cinnamon buns for breakfast- hoping they turn out okay!

3. What part of the meal do you never compromise? Turkey- always turkey! Thanksgiving isn't Thanksgiving without the bird!

4. Who gets to carve the turkey? My dad or my mom, doesn't really matter in our house

5. Family style around the table or buffet style and everyone sits wherever there’s room? Buffet in our kitchen and then sitting in the dining room

6. How many will be at your table this year? There will probably be two tables this year. My mom, dad, Grandma Kay, Papa Bob, my uncle, my sister, Ross, and me :). I suspect Ross, Beck, and I will be at the "kids table"

7. Three best pies for Thanksgiving dessert? Apple or berry. I think We're having Georgetown Cupcakes for dessert since the hubs has food allergy issues.

8. Cranberry sauce…yeah or nay? Yes, the yummy cranberry salad my mom makes (that has sugar-free raspberry Jello in it!

9. What time do you eat Thanksgiving dinner? In the afternoon, around 2 or 3pm.

10. Favorite leftover? I love them all. I'm hoping to snag some leftover turkey this year and attempt turkey noodle soup. I also love the cranberry salad on the second day. Yum!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my not cooking at all going off for thanksgiving dinner at a restaraunt because we have no family here except a cousin and she is going with us . that way you dont have a mess to clean up either .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kid, don't for get to bring take home containers. Then you won't have to worry about returning them. lyatw, mom.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Currently, comments are being moderated and will be approved in a timely fashion.