Friday, June 5, 2009

Why working in the IT Department is completely dangerous


(Hat tip to one of my best friends, Jamie, who told me this story through e-mail)

"Thought you guys would get a kick out of this story from this morning at work.

So today my friends Matt, Paul, and I were trying to figure out what the lunch menu would be today. We have a lunch program here that is only $4, but it is kind of hit or miss. I was saying that I really hoped it wasn't tilapia, which I normally like but I don't really like here and they have it every week.

So Matt sends me the email below, but he did his this little IT trick that made it seem like it came from our executive chef, Eric. I freaked out at first sight until I realized it was Matt, and responded back to the email saying, "Oh my god, I freaked out when I read this...etc...". Little did I know that when I replied back it actually sent that email to Chef Eric.

Then Matt had to run over and get a favor from one of our other IT guys so that he could remove that email from Eric's inbox before he saw it. I tried recalling it but it didn't work.

2 morals of the story: 1. Replying to emails without thinking is a
stupid thing to do. 2. Working in IT has tons of advantages!

-----Original Message-----
From: [The executive chef at her company
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2009 10:45 AM
To: [My best friend Jamie]
Subject: Stop complaining!

It has recently been brought to my attention that you don't appreciate the Tilapia I serve as part of the lunch program. Keep in mind that many people around the office LOVE the Tilapia and you are getting a great deal anyway for $4. So in short, keep quiet and just eat what's put out in front of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Currently, comments are being moderated and will be approved in a timely fashion.