Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My coffee mug, or "How my life is like an episode of The Office"


(Disclaimer: I wrote the following post a few weeks ago, when I was developing this new blog. If you follow me on Twitter, you may have seen my Tweets about this very subject and if you don't follow me on Twitter, you should...Brook2ar, hollatcha girl. Just so you know, it took one week to get my mug back and I believe the alleged mug stealer may have taken the mug home over the weekend to use it. Finally, one of my beloved coworkers stole my mug back the day I was out sick, wrapped it in a plastic bag, and left it in an empty flower pot on my desk. Yes, it was that bad. Enjoy the following post, and leave me a comment! I'd love to hear how you like the new design, or if you have any blog pointers for this girl.)

So, this week I'm "off" coffee. I had one cup on Monday morning (a sugar-free, extra hot, skim, caramel macchiato), but then decided in my attempt to eliminate the few pounds I've gained since the half marathon, to only drink water at work. I'm fuller, refreshed, peeing like a race horse, and feeling generally better. But yesterday, 2pm struck and I was bored. I decided since I'm "off" coffee, I could still be "on" tea and headed to our kitchen to get my coffee mug that I had put in the dishwasher and knew was in the cabinet (I have two to rotate out- the other mug is my Disney Princess mug with all the Princesses on it). I got there and realized that my mug, my freaking Disney Princess Half Marathon mug, was gone. It's pink and pretty and every time I use it I think of how awesome it was to run a half-marathon in DISNEY WORLD!

As I sulked away from the kitchen back to my desk, I caught a glimpse of pink on my coworker’s desk. And low and behold, there is my freaking MUG! Enraged and confused, I walked swiftly back to my cube only to learn none of my friends put there coffee mugs in the dishwasher because this coworker is a known mug stealer. She will hijack a mug for DAYS and not wash it and uses other people's mugs as opposed to the generic office mugs or paper cups that are provided.

Now, I understand that I'm paritally to blame for allowing it to be put in the cabinet in the public domain. But A) with the swine flu and everything, I don't really want any other people using my mug even if you disinfect it a million times over B) If you're going to use someone else's mug, be SNEAKY! Don't put it somewhere that I can see it C) Why would you think you could use my half marathon mug? Did you run a half marathon that I didn't know about? Did you run the one in DISNEY WORLD? Oh, you didn't? Than get the hells off my mug.

So I had high hopes that today, I would come in to find it in the dishwasher and I would hand wash it and steal it back. But, when I came in, it was STILL on her desk, probably gathering coffee sludge or something.

(This is where in The Office, they would cut to a scene of the person sipping away, using my coffee mug and then would shoot back to me making a face like I wanted to punch the girl).

3 comments:

  1. Surely you just walk over, take the mug. Say "Excude me, this is my mug, please don't use it again". Or is that bad?

    If you take my "World's Best Uncle" mug, I will hunt you down... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's pretty bold of your office mate! Lemme know if you need some bodyguard backup next time someone jacks your stuff. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phill- I am the most passive-aggressive/non confrontational person in the entire world. In fact, my solution included buying her a mug with her own name on it. I'm glad I have awesome coworkers that are ok with stealing it back from her :)

    Scott- I know who to call if it happens again! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Currently, comments are being moderated and will be approved in a timely fashion.