Friday, June 19, 2009

Graduation

This past weekend, my little sister graduated from high school. Sitting in the stands of her high school stadium, I got to thinking alot about my high school graduation just six years ago. I wish that I would have known a few things then that I know now (isn't that always how it works???). I've tried to impart some of those tidbits of knowledge on Beck in hopes that she won't be sitting in around in six years writing the very same post. Yes, I love my life. No, I would not change things. But knowing that she possesses some of the same hangs up I do, I hope she has what it takes to overstep any adversity that comes her way.

1. You are the only one holding yourself back from doing your heart's desire.
2. Once you get to college, no one really cares what you got on your SATS, if you took the AP exam, or that you were the star of your high school football team.
3. Do not spend a ton of time on stupid girl drama.
4. The grades, they don't matter as long as you pass. Just always try your best.
5. People love and support you more than you will ever know. You do not have to struggle with feeling alone.

What words of wisdom or advice would you offer to a newly-minted high school graduate?

1 comment:

  1. 6. ALWAYS, always listen to your big sister. Always! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Currently, comments are being moderated and will be approved in a timely fashion.