Tuesday, June 30, 2009

43. Learn to make the "perfect" chocolate chip cookies

Over the past year of being married, I've tried to become more domestic. I've tried to use all of the kitchen gadgets I received as wedding presents and I've attempted to make several things. Unfortunately, every time I feel the need to indulge in a warm chocolate chip cookie with milk, they just don't turn out right. My cookies are never as chewy as I like them or I'll try and substitute Splenda for sugar and they just aren't good. Sometimes they taste like baking powder and sometimes they taste too sweet. I always make a huge mess in my kitchen and end us with nothing to show for it.

The past two times I've made cookies I've followed the Nestle Toll House recipe to a T. Exactly measuring. Using all of the said ingredients. Buying the "baking version" of the "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter". And guess what? They turned out pretty darn good. Good enough that I felt I could share them with my office and send a bag with Ross for his trip to Tampa.

I made these again for my sister's graduation two weeks ago- but I used half whole wheat flour and half all-purpose white flour. They turned out really great in my opinion. Alittle more rustic and hearty-tasting (does that make sense?)

The only thing not so perfect? The way my pants fit and my blood sugar looks after enjoying a couple of these right out of the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Currently, comments are being moderated and will be approved in a timely fashion.