Friday, June 12, 2009

45. Try one new restaurant a month- Sette Bello

This past Sunday, Ross and I celebrated our 1st Anniversary with our families in the morning, then decided that we should forget about cooking and head out somewhere in our neighborhood for dinner. After a quick scan on Yelp, I decided we would venture a few blocks to Sette Bello, an Italian eatery and wine bar, near our local dog park.

For the record, I wish I was Italian. Both of my best friends are and in college I fully took advantage of the leftovers they would bring back after a weekend home. I love good Italian food. (I also love not-so-good Italian food, like the Olive Garden.) Sette Bello had pretty good Italian food.

We started off with calamari. The breading on those babies was awesome. Light and heavenly. The sauce was also pretty great, albeit lacking a dash of salt or two. The greatest thing about the calamari was that the lemon they brought on the side had this awesome cover that kept all of the seeds in (yes, like a lemon condom of sorts). It was great!

Ross had some sort of seafood pasta with mussels and clams. I'm not a huge fan of mussels or clams, but he said it was awesome and it looked pretty.

I had ravioli with spinach and ricotta. The pasta was dense and you could tell it was homemade. The menu said it was served with "tomato sauce" so I thought it would be more of a marinara, but I was happily surprised when I saw big chunks of tomato in an olive oil sauce. It was delicious.

The service was good and who doesn't enjoy eating on a beautiful patio?

We skipped dessert, since we had cake to eat at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Currently, comments are being moderated and will be approved in a timely fashion.