Monday, August 17, 2009

The Big Move

This weekend, my parents and I ventured to Richmond, VA to move my little sister into her freshmen dorm at Virginia Commonwealth University. As I've mentioned, I still see her as being 6 years old (and in a cast with no front teeth after an unfortunate fall down the stairs in our house), which is completely silly since she's 18, gorgeous, and taller than me.

We managed the unloading and setting up of the room in record time. Kudos to VCU for making move in, especially into a HUGE building, pretty seamless. The streets were blocked off so we pulled right up to the curb and then got to check out one of those big laundry carts like the cleaning staff uses in a hotel. We had all of Beck's stuff into her room in 2 trips and totally tag teamed the room set up, with my mom making the bed, me filling her drawers with clothes, and my dad setting up her computer. We trekked around campus to check out the theater and hit the bookstore. After an extremely emotional "see ya later," we hit the road and left Beck to her next big adventure.

She has decided to document her first year at school, as a theater major, and you can check out her blog at This Little Light of Mine. Tell her her big sister sent you!

What's you fondest memory of your freshmen year of college or your first year away from home?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing and being there to help us through it-lyatw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Allie for all your help and support! I sure do miss you all an awful lot.- Beck

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Currently, comments are being moderated and will be approved in a timely fashion.