Monday, August 3, 2009

14. Visit my grandparents in Montana with Ross

This past week, we crossed off another item on my 101 Things list. Ross and I had been planning our Montana trip since March and I feel like it sort of snuck up on us. I hail from Great Falls, Montana, thanks to the fact my dad is retired Air Force and met my mom (a Montana transplant via England) while he was stationed here. And while my Nana Hazel explained that “the city is going to shit,” I still love it.

Why? Because the sky is different there. Because everything seems alittle brighter. Because there’s no humidity and my hair didn't frizz. Because some of my favorite people in the entire world live there. Because my favorite restaurant is there. Because people are just alittle bit more relaxed.

They wear boots and cowboy hats. They go to rodeos. They 4-wheel through the mountains and camp. They go to the river and swim in the creek. They fish and they hunt.

Me? I don’t do any of that. But I appreciate the lives that they live and I’m imagining that it would be pretty great to have a house with some land, to be able to look out in the morning and see that big, beautiful sky.

Also, I think I would look pretty sweet in a pair of boots, and an awesome cowboy hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Currently, comments are being moderated and will be approved in a timely fashion.