Tuesday, August 25, 2009

5 Ingredient Sticky Chicken

I'm trying to expand my culinary skills and thanks to my mother-in-law, who bought be a subscription to Everyday with Rachel Ray, I think I'm doing pretty well (confession: I love that magazine. Maybe it's because I don't get a lot of fun mail, but I actually said OUT LOUD when I opened my mailbox "YES, MY NEW RACHEL RAY!" I am officially a nerd.)

Anyways, somehow I've now also started receiving "Working Mother." A) I am not a mother nor do I plan on being one for SEVERAL years B)I've never subscribed to this magazine nor am I being billed for it C)If I was subscribing to another magazine, it would probably be to Glamour or Self or something like that. But I decided that since I got it, I'm not one to waste and I would read through it. Besides articles on raising the perfect toddler and how to use Twitter to reclaim a spot in the corporate world, there was a 5 ingredient recipe for Sticky Chicken Drumsticks. Since, like I said before, I'm trying to expand my cooking repertoire, I gave this recipe a shot. And you know what? It wasn't terrible. Here's some pictures and the recipe.

Mix 1/4 cup soy sauce, 3 finely chopped garlic cloves, 1/4 cup o honey, 12 chicken drumsticks, and 1/4 cup of Chinese barbecue sauce (I used regular BBQ sauce) in a Ziploc bag. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Put chicken on foil lined baking sheet and cook under broiler. Watch chicken closely and turn occasionally. Cook for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and marinade has glazed.

12 drumsticks for 2 people is crazy, but they made a good lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Currently, comments are being moderated and will be approved in a timely fashion.