Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Reverb Day #8

Prompt: Beautifully different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different- you'll find they're what make you beautiful.

I'm of the mindset that it takes all kinds of different people to make this world work and that we should celebrate the fact that each of us is different.

I'm different because I believe that EVERYONE deserves the chance to live an extraordinary life no matter what they look like, or who they love, or who/what they worship.

I'm different because I don't like to watch America's Funniest Home Videos because it makes my heart hurt to think of people ACTUALLY getting hurt.

I'm different because I address all my e-mails with "Hi (whoever)" no matter how many exchanges we have- always "Hi."

I'm different because I got married when I was 23. To someone who I started dating when I was 17.

I'm different because I try and give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

I'm different because my body (especially as of late) has decided that it wants to not work correctly at all.

I'm different because I can remember random details about my friends' lives that they only mention once. I look crazy when I then refer to those details in conversation.

I'm different because I talk to atleast one member of my family every day.

I'm different because in almost every situation I can find a way to laugh. No matter how bad it might be.

Those things make me unique, I think. And hopefully, they make me beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Currently, comments are being moderated and will be approved in a timely fashion.