Thursday, December 2, 2010

Reverb Day #2: Writing

Prompt: Writing. What do you do each day that doesn't contribute to your
writing -- and can you eliminate it?


Well, as you've seen in my lack of posting, alot stands in the way of my writing here on this blog. I think that it goes back to the idea that in the diabetes community, which I sort of see as the closest blog community I am a part of, I don't really feel like a part of it. I've been reading blogs for a really long time and (see this post on how I started blogging) I really enjoy writing as a creative outlet, plus it's nice to have a written account of some of the stuff that's going on in my life.

So, what do I do each day that doesn't contribute to my blog- maybe thinking that this blog isn't good enough for someone to read. Negative self-doubt that I really do try and avoid, but that sometime creeps up and says "no need to write that, other people are doing it and their voice is louder, and better."

Ugh. I can't believe I wrote that.

How can I eliminate those thoughts and work toward my 2011 word of happiness? I can write about things here that make me frickin' happy. Not focusing on anyone else and doing something that I've loved since I was a kid along with doodling, and painting, and crafting, and making things with my hands, and coloring, and singing. Letting the imagination and creativity that I have and that I feel gets smothered by my not so creative job and not so creative hobbies (tv watching and reading) show.

So I'll write to make myself happy and if anyone out there in cyberspace finds it and reads it, that's cool. And if no one does, that's fine too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Currently, comments are being moderated and will be approved in a timely fashion.