Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Reverb Day #7

Prompt: Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011?

In 2010, I grew even more into the community of dog owners at our old apartment building. We spent many evenings after work chatting with our neighbors and letting the pups play. We'd bring a bottle of wine out to our courtyard with a few glasses and suddenly we'd have a mini-party going.

Since our move in June, I seriously miss my apartment neighbors. We now live in a quiet neighborhood and haven't met very many people. Our new community also hasn't hosted anything as new people move in (since we live in a development that's under construction, when sections are finished, new people are allowed to close on their places and move in. We just had a new group close last week.)

In 2011, I've decided I'm going to try and get a position on the board of our newly established Home Owners Association in order to help organize some events for everyone to get to know each other. I also kind of organize events and meetings for a living, so hey! Perfect fit. Hopefully, I work in 2011 to cultivate a community when I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Currently, comments are being moderated and will be approved in a timely fashion.