Monday, October 12, 2009

A wedding, a birthday, and a very good time

I've admitted before that I am deep in the throes of a quarter-life crisis and that continues today as I recover from an amazing weekend, and having to work on a federal holiday. Oh, and my 25th birthday was on Friday. I am officially old. (But I am never too old to have a birthday party, which is what I did on Thursday night before the trek to the wedding.)

But despite all that getting old nonsense, Ross and I headed down to Virginia Beach to be a part of our dear friends' wedding on Friday. Kristen (the bride) is one of my best friends from JMU and Ross became friends with Justin (the groom) during his many trips to visit me at school. Everything came full circle on Saturday when they got married after dating for over 5 years. Both Ross and I were part of the wedding party and got to get pretty dolled up for the big occasion. Hair, make up, sexy dress. The whole shebang.

The wedding was amazing. Seriously. Kristen picked gorgeous fall colors that were reflected in every little touch of the wedding-our flowers, the centerpieces, all of the accents on the place cards. Everything.

And we danced. All night. The wedding party proved to be the group completely dedicated to the dance floor, and to making the DJ work for his money (like having to honor the millionth request for Miley Cyrus' "Party in the USA." Yeah, all that "being old" stuff is an act. I am secretly 14 years old.)

Anyways, we had a blast and now we're back to the grind of the work week. I can't complain much since I head to Boston on Saturday to explore the city for the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Oh it looks like you had a fab time and lucky you boston is an awesome city . enjoy !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Currently, comments are being moderated and will be approved in a timely fashion.