Friday, September 18, 2009

What I want to be when I grow up...#2

The saga continues in the quest for me to find out what I want to do with my life.

When I grow up I want to be an interior designer. I think this might go back to the whole art thing, but I love making the space I live in comfortable, inviting, and interesting. Currently, Ross and I live in a small Arlington, VA apartment.

The apartment is beautiful and I love being able to enhance our space with color and texture. I like bold colors mixed with classic lines and I love finding old things and making them work in a new space.

I think I'd be a decent interior designer because 1) you work with someone else's money and not your own which would open up alot of options 2) you get to work with people and find functional ways for them to express their style 3) you get to solve problems (i.e. "I want a round coffee table since I have little kids that run around and I don't want them to hurt themselves")

I love home makeover shows and my new favorite phrase to Ross when watching is "that's what I want in my 'forever' house." Somethings I feel like I definitely will have in my own house (and think I would urge my clients to try) would be: glass fronted kitchen cabinets, a kitchen island with fun bar stools, built in bookshelves (or faking that look), neutral colored walls with bright white molding, roman shades, and personalized or homemade art.

Photo from http://www.interior-design.us/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! Currently, comments are being moderated and will be approved in a timely fashion.