Tuesday, July 27, 2010

What bloodwork?

I went to the endocrinologist on April 24th and she wrote me a lab slip to get my bloodwork done at a lab closer to my house.

Have I done that yet?

Nope.

Do you know today's date?

July 27th.

My appointment was over 3 months ago. In fact, I'm supposed to go back to my doctor's in less than a month. I have a ton of excuses why I haven't gone and none of them are really good. (Yeah, moving, living 30 miles away, moving again, buying a house, doing house things, work, gym- all of those are pretty terrible excuses).

Why does this bother me, you ask? Because my morning numbers suck the big one. Like 300 mg/dl suck. I've tried adjusting my basals, but something isn't right.

I also own a Dexcom that I am out of sensors for. Again, bad excuses.

Well, excuses NO MORE. For the next month, I am writing down everything I eat and every blood sugar. And I am bringing it all to my appointment in August.

And by next Friday, I am going to get my lab work done.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/8/10

    Sounds like me... I often don't get my labwork done until remembering it right before my NEXT appointment. Doesn't make my Endo happy, but it is what it is. Hope your numbers are doing better, Allison!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Allison,
    Just wanted to say, I came across your blog and really like it! Alot of your entries I find really interesting and inspiring. I was diagnosed with Diabetes Type 1 just last month, at 21, so it is all very new to me!
    I've just set up my own blog, so hopefully I can have a clear idea of my progress as I get used to this new lifestyle!
    At the moment, like you, I'm having to monitor and keep a record of everything! Hopefully, once my levels settle I can ease it off a bit. Hope you get the results you want/need!
    Take Care,
    Em-Jay : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! Currently, comments are being moderated and will be approved in a timely fashion.